UP’s new CM, Yogi Adityanath, banned the selling and consumption of gutka and pan masala in all the govt. offices in the state today. The decision came a day after his statement in Lok Sabha, Adityanath stated to his fellow parliamentarians that “a lot of things are going to shut there (UP)”.
Earlier in the day, the new head of the state called on his officials to crackdown the smuggling of cows. He also directed the police officials to shut down all the slaughterhouses in the state.
In a conversation with reporters, UP’s Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya said that CM Adityanath had advised against the use of gutka, pan masala, pan and plastic in govt. buildings and offices.
Reportedly, the new CM observed the pan and gutka stains in the govt. office buildings and decided to ban the products for the same reason.
While speaking to his fellow parliamentarians in Lok Sabha on Tuesday, Yogi Adityanath said, “I invite you all to visit the state as there are a lot of things that are going to shut there.”
Adityanath has taken a series of decisions, ever since his took over as the new CM, to implement the election promises made by BJP.
List of steps taken by Adityanath since coming to power:
1. Crackdown on slaughterhouses and smuggling of cows.
2. Greater transparency of assets and incomes of ministers and bureaucrats.
3. Sending a strong message against favouritism, Adityanath sacked all the non-govt. advisors, chairmen, deputy chairmen and members who were appointed by former CM Akhilesh Yadav.
4. For a better implication of law and order, he directed the Director of General Police to improve the state of the two in the territory.
5. Citizen charter for timely service to the citizen.
6. Yogi has also urged for better job creation.