KVPY exam is a national level scholarship examination, conducted by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore to develop the interest of youth in science and technology. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of aptitude test and interview conducted by the IISc. Here, in this article, we will discuss tips and procedure to this exam.
KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national level scholarship examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. The fellowship program aims to develop the interest of youth in science and technology. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of aptitude test and interview conducted by the IISc.
Students meeting the eligibility criteria can fill the application form in the online mode only. The forms will be available for all the streams – SA, SX and SB at KVPY’s official website- kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
Candidates who have registered successfully for KVPY exam 2019 can download their admit card from October 12, 2019.
KVPY Registration 2019
The details of KVPY Registration 2019 are as follows:
• The application process has been started on 8th July 2019.
• Candidates are required to fill and submit the application form by 20th August 2019. Fee can be paid up to September 2019.
• After filling the personal and academic details you need to upload the scanned images and the required documents.
• You also need to pay the requisite application fee.
• Keep an extra printed copy of the application form with you for further references.
• KVPY 2019 is scheduled for November 3 in online mode.
Pre-requisites for KVPY Registration
The following are essential for KVPY registration:
• A valid email address and an active mobile number.
• A credit card/ debit card or net banking to pay the registration fee.
• A good and reliable internet connection.
The application fee is INR 1000 for General & OBC category and INR 500 for SC/ST/PH/Pwd.
The eligibility criteria for KVPY 2019 include age, academic criteria as well as citizenship criteria for each stream.
The minimum age criteria for SA stream is 16 years, for SX stream is 17 years and for SB stream the applicant must be 18 years old.
You can apply for the SA stream if you have enrolled in Class XI with science subjects. You should have also secured 75% aggregate marks (65% marks for reserved categories) in Mathematics & science subjects in Class 10th.
To apply under SX stream, a candidate should have appeared for Class XII with Science and scored 75% marks (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in aggregate in Mathematics & science in 10th standard.
To apply for SB stream, you must have enrolled for basic sciences if you are a 1st-year student. Under the UG course. Also, you must have scored at least 60% marks (50% for reserved categories).
Only Indian nationals can apply for the scholarship program. Further, they must have taken admission to the B.Sc. program only in India.
Syllabus for KVPY 2019
There is no specific syllabus prescribed for KVYP. The program focuses on testing the understanding and analytical skills of the candidate rather than his theoretical knowledge.
Students are tested for the syllabus up to class XI/ XII/ 1st year/ B.Sc./ B.S./ B. Stat/M.Sc/ M.S. as the case may be.