Angry Young Man, Big B, AB Sr, Sahenshah of Bollywood, the Living legend of the Indian Film Industry, has gained respect and popularity in the last five decades. Yes, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan is the only name that has ruled the Bollywood industry the most and still ruling it. Everyone knows the popular things about him including, his family details, his worth, a little his background, and his cinema career. But there are many hidden things which everyone should know about the most popular face of the Indian Film Industry. Today we will reveal those hidden things and believe us; his real life is more interesting than his reel life. Let’s start!
Birth Details and Real Name
He was born on 11th October 1942 and bought up in Allahabad, under the United Provinces of British India. Now his birthplace is known as Paryagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India. Now Amitabh Bachchan’s age is 78 years as of 2021. Everyone knows him with the name Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, but he was firstly named Inquilab Shrivastava. Later, a fellow poet of his father, Mr. Harivans Rai Bachchan, has suggested the name: “Amitabh,” which means “a light never dies.” After that, his father named him Amitabh Shrivastava. Mr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan has protested against India’s caste system, and that’s why he has abandoned the “Shrivastava” surname and changed it to “Bachchan.” This was the story behind the name of Amitabh Bachchan. His mother, Mrs. Teji Bachchan, belonged to the Sikh community and was born in Lyallpur, situated in Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. She was a social activist and had an interest in theater. She was also offered a feature film role, but she denied it and continued her domestic duties.
Study and Career Interests
He has done his schooling at Jnana Prabodhini Boys High school situated in Prayagraj. He had an interest in studying science and has graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree. Everyone knows that he has studied at Sherwood College, Nainital, India, and Kirori Mal College, New Delhi, India. But no one knows he has also attended Government College Sector-11, Chandigarh, for only 25 days, but left due to his interest in acting. He has played so many roles in several plays at Kirori Mal College. But, acting was just his hobby, as he wanted to join Indian Air Force. Due to some study reasons, he couldn’t fulfill his dream of joining the Indian Air Force. After college, his career struggle started, and he used to work in a factory for his living in West Bengal. But destiny has planned something unique for him, and his destiny brought him the dream city Mumbai.
Beginning of Filmy Career
The struggle wasn’t easy at all, as he used to live in a “Chaul,” eats “Vada Pav and Golgappa,” and has done so many short wages jobs for his living after coming to Mumbai. He got his first job in the Indian Cinema as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s film, “Bhuvan Shome” in 1969. In the same year, he shot a supporting actor role in the Movie “Saat Hindustani,” which is known as Amitabh Bachchan’s first movie. His starting career was a disaster; only a single movie, “Anand,” has done a good business, in which he starred with Rajesh Khanna as a supporting actor. He was also honored with his first Filmfare award as a best-supporting actor for his role in “Anand.” During the beginning of his career, some of the flop movies were Parwana, Reshma Aur Shera, Bawarchi, and Bombay to Goa.
The flopped newcomer had done a total of 12 movies by the age of 30. Only two hits were on the list. Mr. Saleem Khan was the reason behind the rise of the Shahenshah of Bollywood, as per the entire Indian film Industry. Saleem khan has written the story, script, and screenplay of his first hit movie as a lead actor, “Zanjeer.” Javed Akhtar also participated as a co-writer of the movie, and the biggest hit has given him the first popular name, “Angry Young Man.” After the success of “Zanjeer,” his career started touching the sky of Bollywood.
Popular and Unpopular Controversies
There are only two reel life controversies about Amitabh Bachchan, which relate to his affairs with famous Indian actresses, Parveen Babi and Rekha. According to some rumors, he was first married to Rekha and didn’t reveal it yet, and that’s why Rekha is still unmarried. But only two of them know the actual thing behind their relationship. On 3rd June 1973, he was married to Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, and since then, his married life is going well without any controversies.
Now let’s talk about some of the less popular controversies of Big B. The Shahenshah of Bollywood appeared in the popular “Bofors Scandal.” However, later he was declared not guilty in that case. He has also submitted false documents to prove him as a farmer to receive government facilities. “Stardust” has also banned him for 15 years during the peak time of his acting career. He has agreed that he brought the idea of National Emergency, and that’s why the media decided no interviews, no mention, or pictures of Amitabh Bachchan. In 2007, the Faizabad court declared that the superstar had got himself certified as a farmer by forgery for two messy land deals. He wants to purchase agricultural land in Maharashtra, and according to the laws, only a farmer can buy agricultural land in Maharashtra. He was also proved guilty in the popular Barabanki Land case, which was illegally registered in his name.
Lesser Known Facts of Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan was addicted to smoke and drinking alcohol. But in the 1980s, he quitted both bad habits.
- He was a good athlete in his college days and won 100, 200, and 400-meter races. He has also won a boxing championship at the Sherwood College, Nainital.
- However, his voice is the most famous, but he was rejected from All India Radio because of his Baritone voice.
- He has shared the screen with his wife Jaya Bachchan in the movie “Guddi” (1971) for the very first time.
- He was paid 1 lakh for his iconic role in “Sholay” as “Jay.”
- Everyone knows about the popular “collie” incident, but no one knows that he was declared dead for 11 minutes after the accident. He revealed that he had lost 75% of his liver in an interview due to Hepatitis B after the “collie” incident. He also suffered from TB, but now he is free from the disease. Later he was appointed as the brand ambassador of the awareness of TB and hepatitis B.
- He has joined Indian National Congress to support his friend Rajiv Gandhi and also contested for the Allahabad seat in the 8th Loksabha Election. But resigned only after 3 years.
- After losing millions because of his company failure, his friend Amar Singh has helped him financially, and that’s why he joined the Samajwadi party to support him.
- After 1996, he wasn’t a part of any film for more than 5 years. After that, he started hosting the famous TV Show “Kaun Banega Crorepati ” and started again ruling the Indian film industry.