What Does 750 Mean on Jewelry?


Jewelry is one of the best ways to express your unique style. Whether you like mixing and matching rings or want to go all-out with a complete designer collection, you can boost your jewelry wardrobe for relatively little money.

One of the quality indicators used a lot in the past is a marking on the jewelry that shows its purity and the number of precious metals contained within it. One of these marks is the 750 jewelry mark, which jewelers can use on gold, silver, platinum, and other precious metals. So what do those numbers mean anyway?

Read on to learn what does 750 mean on jewelry and how it can help you with your next purchase.

What Does 750 Mean on Jewelry?

The 750 mark on jewelry indicates the percentage of gold purity in the piece. 18-karat gold comprises 750 gold and 250 other metals, while 24-karat gold is pure gold. The 750 gold mark is most commonly seen on European jewelry and some gold coins, especially in Italy.

When it comes to jewelry, the number 750 is significant. Pure gold must have at least 750 parts per thousand of gold; anything less than that is gold alloy.

Aside from gold, the precious stones on your jewelry can also affect its value. There are also different types of diamonds, and it is vital to be aware of them. Check out this link for more information on a HPHT diamond.

Why is a 750 Stamp Important When Choosing Jewelry?

Most of the time, when you see a piece of jewelry with a 750 stamp, it is made of 18-karat gold. In some cases, you might also see a 417 stamp, which indicates that the piece is made of 10-karat gold. 

The 750 stamp is significant because it means that the gold is 75% pure, which is the highest purity you can get for gold jewelry. The other 25% is usually made up of copper or silver, which adds strength and durability to the piece.

How to Care for Your 750 Jewelry

As with all jewelry, it is essential to take care when handling 750 jewelry. This includes avoiding contact with chemicals and harsh cleansers and storing the jewelry safely and dryly. 

When cleaning 750 jewelry, use only a mild soap and water solution. Rinse the jewelry thoroughly and dry it with a soft cloth to avoid tarnishing. 

Are 750 Jewelry Costs Different from Other Jewelry Prices?

There are many factors to consider when buying jewelry. The karat weight of gold is one factor that affects the price.

Gold is measured in karats, with 24 karats being the purest form of gold. The higher the karat weight, the more expensive the gold. 

Therefore, 750 gold would be more expensive than 14k gold. The type of jewelry also affects the price. 

A simple gold band would be cheaper than a diamond ring. So, while 750 gold jewelry may be more expensive than other types of jewelry, many factors affect jewelry prices.

Choose the Best Pieces With These 750 Jewelry Tips

So what does 750 mean on jewelry? It means that the piece consists of 18-karat gold. Knowing the purity of your gold jewelry is important to ensure you are getting what you are paying for.

18-karat gold is a jewelry standard, and its purity is measured as a percentage. 18-karat gold is 75% pure gold and is the most popular karat for engagement rings and other fine jewelry.

Have you found this article interesting? For more, visit our blog and check out our trending topics!

Salina is a professional blogger and marketer. She has an excellent talent for writing. She is very much passionate about contributing her ideas on online platforms. Generally, she shared her thoughts on trendy topics such as health, beauty, travel, food, fashion, technology, business, finance, and so on.