Board exams are conducted at the end of the 10th grade and 12th-grade classes. These exams are the important exams of student life. Students work hard to score good marks in their board exams. If you score good marks in your board exams, you may get through a good college, school, or university. Students often take a lot of pressure before the board exams. But, stress will not help you in any way. You should appear in the board exam with a positive mind and attitude. Working hard is the key to excel in your board exam, but you should know how to study smartly. If your board exams are approaching, follow these effective study habits of top scorers in the board exam:
- Know your syllabus: At the beginning of your academic session, you should go through the syllabus. It will give you an overview of the subject. After going through the syllabus, you will be able to plan your study schedule according to it. You should always follow the syllabus. Do not study anything out of the syllabus. You will also get to know the difficulty level of the subject.
- Read the NCERT textbooks: Textbooks are an integral part of your syllabus. NCERT textbooks are written in an easy language. Read the textbooks thoroughly in order to gain in-depth knowledge of the subject. This will also make you well-versed with the subject. You will come across many important points. If you are thorough with the textbooks, you will be able to answer inside questions from the chapters. It will help you develop your reading skills. This will help you to clear the fundamental concepts. Read the textbooks on a regular basis.
- Study schedule: A study schedule should be followed to score good marks in your board exam. You should study the subjects in a systematic and disciplined manner. Try to cover all the subjects in your timetable. Do not study only a particular subject every day. You should devote equal time to each and every subject. If you cover all the subjects in your study schedule, you will be able to complete the syllabus beforehand. Try to stick to the timetable and study.
- Making Notes: Preparing notes before the exam will help you a lot before your board exam. If you have studied a particular chapter, try to prepare notes on it. You can prepare short notes as well. Notes will save your time before the exam as you do not have to go through each and every chapter again. You can easily revise the notes before the exam. Making notes on your own will also help you to improve your writing skills. You can take the help of online resources to make notes.
- Revision: Exam preparation is incomplete without proper revision. You should revise the chapters and notes on a regular basis. The revision will make you remember your chapters properly. You will not forget the lessons. You will be able to answer the questions correctly in your exam.
- Practice: Few subjects will require arithmetic skills. You will be able to solve the questions, only if you have practised them properly. You should learn the formulas in the case of maths, physics, chemistry or any other subject. Write down the formulas on paper and go through them every day. If you memorize the formulas, you will be able to solve the problems easily. Few subjects may ask for diagrams. For that, you should practice the diagrams properly beforehand. You should draw the diagrams neatly and label it properly. It will fetch you good marks. You should also practice answer writing. It will help you to avoid grammatical errors and improve your writing skills.
- Sample Papers: Sample papers are available in the NCERT solutions and other books. You should practice sample papers so that you can know the level of your preparation. Sample papers will also make you familiar with many tricky questions. If you practice sample papers, it will help you to answer any type of question. It will give you confidence. Start practicing the sample papers before your exam. The more you practice, the more marks you will get in your board exams.
- Solve previous year papers: If you solve the previous year papers, you will be acquainted with the type of questions that often come in the exam. You will be familiar with the exam pattern. It will help you to prepare for your exam. If your board exams are approaching, you should start solving or practicing the previous year papers.
- Taking help from online resources: Online resource is a boon for students, especially during the pandemic. You can go through the online resources if you have not understood any chapter. You can watch tutorials to clear your doubts. Online resources are helpful but do not rely on them completely, make an effort to prepare your own notes.
- Manage your time properly: While writing your exam, you should be able to manage your time. If you cannot manage your time, you may not have enough time to attend to all the questions. You should be able to complete the paper within the given time. If a question is consuming your time, you should try to solve or write other questions.
- Take rest: If your board exams are on the way, you should give enough time to yourself to relax. If you are stressed or anxious, it can have a negative impact on your board exams. Make sure that you do sleep enough the night before the exam. It will help you to recall better in your exam.
The above tips are mostly followed by the top scorers. If you want to score good marks in your exam, you have to follow the tips consistently. If you are consistent enough, there will be a positive outcome.