Have you ever thought of the simplest method for a fund transfer? However, Paytm, PhonePe, or Amazon Pay are some of the most popular online payment methods. But as the new year begins, the list has one more name, which tends to be the quickest method for online fund transfers.
Over 400 million people in India are using WhatsApp messenger to stay in touch with their family friends, office, or business mates. Everyone knows that Facebook has taken over the most popular messaging app, and on this new year, it has announced breaking news.
The news is that Facebook has committed to adding a payment feature, and it will be available for everyone by the end of 2021. However, the WhatsApp payment service will only be rolled out for 20 million users in India because NPCI has allowed only a 30% cap will be implemented on the total payment volumes via every third party payment app from January 1.2021. Let’s have a look at how you can set up your account to pay and receive funds.
How to activate WhatsApp payment?
The first step is to download or update the latest WhatsApp version on your android or IOS smartphone. Once it is done, then follow the below-given steps.
- Open the WhatsApp messenger app and tap on the three-dotted icon on the screen’s top right corner.
- Here you can see the new feature named “payments.”
- Simply tap on the new option.
- A list of several banks will appear on your screen.
- After selecting the bank, you have to verify your bank registered number via SMS.
- Make sure the WhatsApp number is the same which is registered with your bank account.
- Once the verification is done, then set a UPI pin to complete the WhatsApp payment setup.
- The further process is similar to other online payment apps.
Here is the simplest and quickest process to set up your WhatsApp for payment. However, paying or receiving funds is a bit different from the other popular methods such as Paytm, phonepe. Let’s have a look at the fund transferring process.
How to use Whatsapp to pay?
First of all, open the WhatsApp messenger app, and then follow the below-given process.
- Open the chat of the person to whomsoever you want to send money.
- Tap on the attachment button, and there you will see a new option named “payment.”
- Select the payment option and then enter the amount in the text box.
- You can also add a note or message to the person along with payment. It will notify you both; why you have made this transaction.
- Tap on the submit button and move to the next page.
- On the next page, the app will ask for your UPI pin.
- Enter your correct UPI pin and then submit.
- Within a couple of seconds, one will get a notification;” transaction successful.” It is how you can use your WhatsApp for payment.
1. Is WhatsApp payment available in India?
Yes, from the first day of 2021, Facebook has added the payment feature in its most popular messaging app. It is life for over 20 million WhatsApp users in India.
2. Is it possible to send money to anyone through Whatsapp?
It works just like the other online payment apps, where you can add the number or scan the QR Code of the party to whom you want to transfer funds. If you want to share payment through the contact number, then you have to save the number in your contact list.
3. Is it safe to use WhatsApp to pay?
We all know the security level of Facebook and its associate apps. Hence, there is not a single point to doubt WhatsApp messenger’s safety factor, but still, we want to say that it is 100% safe to use WhatsApp to pay. However, it never stores sensitive information like debit or credit card pin and your UPI pin as well.
4. Is Whatsapp Payment free?
Not only WhatsApp, but there is also no online payment app that charges any fee for payment transferring services.
Here is the detailed process of how to activate WhatsApp payment. Now it becomes easy to send money for your mom’s birthday gift living in another city or arranging a dinner plan with your friends by contributing funds. Enjoy quick payment transfer with no-fee on WhatsApp.